Sunday, August 24, 2014

Adventures in the Rain!

First off I would like to apologize to all my teachers for any misbehaviour during my school years. I would also like to thank each of them for all their HARD work and exhausting hours they put into lesson planning and preperation, not the mention the actual hours spent teaching.

I cannot explain how exhausted, but happy I feel at the end of each teaching day. I am enjoying each one of my students, each has a unique personality and I am loving learning how to reach them. 

I would like to share a letter I wrote to the parents of my students during my first week of school. 

Dear Parents,

Year one had an adventurous morning today as we had our first swimming lesson… in the rain. Everyone did wonderfully, finishing early because the light sprinkling of rain turned into a downpour. As you will notice when your children come home today, they are in new clothes. This is because it rained on us again as we were walking back to school.

We did our best to change them as fast as possible and keep them warm, I am praying no one catches a cold from today. Please keep an eye on your children this evening, my apologies for any inconveniences.

Those of you that provided a change of clothes, thank you. Those without clothes in their bags were provided with a set from our extra clothing bin. Please return these clothes to the school. Please also check your children’s bags for the wet items that have been sent home and replace the set of extra clothes.

I am sure your child will fill you in on all the exciting details! Please feel free to email me with an questions and I will be happy to answer them. I can promise you, at all times your children were safe, just a little wet.

Thank you,
Miss Emily Miller


I will be honest, this lovely adventure almost sent me into panic mode as I had 18 screaming, wet, running 5 and 6 year olds. I can happily laugh about it now, but when it happened I had no idea what I was going to do! 

Thankfully I have a wonderful staff that helped me regain control of my class and get everyone out of their soaking wet clothes and into something dry. 

Welcome to Year 1! More adventures to come!



1 comment:

  1. Hey what a time you are having! So incredibly proud of you! Praying you have a wonderful Birthday! Hugs, Ramona

    ReplyDelete