Monday, May 25, 2015

Where is the Yellow Brick Road?

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

How do I start? Currently, I have no answers for you in regards to my previous post. Wouldn't it be nice if God had a Yellow brick road we could follow or neon flashing lights that say "THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY"? Right now we are still waiting to hear if Alpha has been accepted to university in the USA to pursue his Master of Theology. A lot of things still need to come together to make it happen this year so if not this year then next year God willing. We received an interesting email from one of the universities and though we are trying not to get our hopes up, it was very encouraging. So please pray with us that if God still wants us in the States this year He paves the way with a clear road!

We are also waiting to hear if I will be able to stay at my school (if we cannot go to the US) as my contract is finished at the end of June. Alpha has also applied to work at my school because we cannot live another year on one salary and even with two it will not be enough to save for his university, plane tickets and visas. Everything is up in the air and at times it is hard to trust the words of Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans for good and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.) BUT we ARE trusting that the Lord does have a plan, an amazing plan, so that we can continue to work for Him and His kingdom here in Bangladesh. 


We did get an amazing answer to prayer for this summer though. I have a private English student and Alpha teaches private guitar lessons, we both were praying for more students to fill our summer, as we need the extra money for Alpha's visa and university. Well, God has answered in a big way! I mentioned to my student's parents that I would like more students if they knew of anyone looking and within that hour lesson they had already gotten my 3 students and 10 more lessons a week and now I am up to 25 lessons a week and 6 new students for the summer!! They got Alpha an additional 2 students as well!!!! We feel so blessed that they were so willing to sit and call their friends for an hour to get me and Alpha the extra jobs. Thank you Jesus!


Please continue to join us in prayer as the future is so uncertain and we truly want to do what God calls us to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment