Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Always With Me

I had a stark reminder and a valuable lesson from one of my students today. Addy came in from lunch wearing a different outfit then she had left my class in. She told me she had gotten water on her dress and changed it. She continued to tell me that some of the other students laughed at her because she had changed her clothes. I was about to reassure her when she said "It's okay though Miss Miller, God is with me and I don't need to worry about what the other kids say."

I couldn't help but give her a big hug. I told her she was absolutely right! When she happily walked away I turned to my assistant and asked if she had heard what Addy had said. We were both in awe of how Addy had a deep and sweet understanding of God's love.

With so many changes in my life and the expectation of the coming major changes, I sometimes can forget the simple truth that God is always with me, and that my true worth is found in Him. Five year old Addy was a wonderful reminder to me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment