Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fuska... Its food, not a bad word.

I have heard all the horror stories and the high praises of Bangladeshi street food. For the locals it is a natural part of their diet. I was curious, so to satisfy my curiosity Alpha and my friend Shompa decided to take me out for some Fuska... well it was more like we were walking down the street and passed this cart, Alpha stopped, looked at me and asked "How's your stomach? Are you feeling brave?"

Brave? Well... maybe, but hey "when in Rome" or Dhaka in this case. So we stopped and I had my first taste of street food. Fuska is like a hollow chip filled with chick peas, onions, green chilies, spices and I don't want to know what else. It was HOT! Soooo spicy, but SOOOOO good!!! I have a new favorite Bangladeshi food! Now, like all food in Bangladesh, they give you an over flowing plate and one plate was more then enough for the three of us. Best of all, I didn't get sick!
Getting the courage

Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment